About Friends of Turtle Creek
This group formed in spring of 2015 by local people concerned about water trail safety, erosion issues, water quality and enhancing the value of the creek through education and stewardship. As it grows, Friends of Turtle Creek could possibly become an organization similar to Johnson Creek Watershed Alliance, which is a chapter of the Rock River Coalition.
Some of the things Friends of Turtle Creek plans to do:
- Hold periodic informational meetings
- Plan work days to help with Water Trail and Access Point Improvement
- Hold Group Paddle Trips
- Water trail blockage reporting & clearing
- Encourage Citizen Water Quality Monitoring
- Work with local and state entities to protect and improve the waterway
May 5, 2015 Meeting Minutes – Inaugural Meeting held at Turtle Creek Park in Tiffany
June 9, 2015 Meeting Minutes – Meeting with DNR representative at Beloit Water Resource Building
July 30, 2015 Meeting Minutes – Group paddle and meeting
September 8, 2015 Meeting Minutes – Held at Sweet Allyn Park, Shopiere
Would you like to join our email list to learn about upcoming events and meetings?