About Turtle Creek
Turtle Creek winds its way for over 30 miles from Turtle Lake near Delavan, Wisconsin to the Rock River in South Beloit, Illinois. This scenic waterway offers great opportunities for paddling, tubing and fishing. Tiffany Bridge, a historic, hand-built, 5-arch limestone railroad bridge is one of the most photographed historic icons in Rock County. The City of Beloit has miles of trails along the creek in Turtle Creek Greenway, offering year round enjoyment, including cross country skiing. We invite you to come experience our beautiful Turtle Creek.
Friends of Turtle Creek
Friends of Turtle Creek is an informal group of people that are interested in protecting, enhancing and preserving Turtle Creek in Rock County for all to enjoy safely. We formed this group in spring of 2015. There is no cost to be part of this group. We invite you to join Friends of Turtle Creek activities. Learn more about our group.
Some of the things Friends of Turtle Creek plans to do:
- Hold periodic informational meetings
- Plan work days to help with Water Trail and Access Point Improvement
- Hold Group Paddle Trips
- Water trail blockage reporting & clearing
- Encourage Citizen Water Quality Monitoring
- Work with local and state entities to protect and improve the waterway